Friday, August 18, 2017

Thanks for the Memories!



Friday was a sad day!  I was sad for two reasons.  (1). It was the final day of camp and (2). I was not at Doublecreek.  I had teacher in-service for most of the week.  In-service was tough, especially since I was still in Doublecreek mode.  I kept referencing back to my Doublecreek schedule.  While most teachers were filtering in and catching up on what they did over the summer, I was thinking I should be leading the pledge and singing “You’re a Grand Ole’ Flag.”

Thankfully, I’ll transition from Doublecreek mode to school mode quickly.  I’m grateful that I work at a school with a terrific staff and supportive administrators.  I enjoy my position and find it rewarding.  I’m often asked how I can work with children all year long.  Hey, I’ve got the weekends!  I’m a lucky man – my job doesn’t feel like a job.

I wish I could have been at Doublecreek for all of Final Fling Week.  The staff does a fabulous job of having a week that’s different and fun without having things go off the rails.

I’ve had a terrific summer!  I have to thank our owners, Judy Kirtley and Jane Neal, for continuing the legacy of Uncle Carter and Aunt Trudy!  I truly appreciate Dan Neal for his energetic, visionary leadership!  Doublecreek would not be Doublecreek without our incredible staff.  Finally, I have to thank our parents for trusting us with your children this summer.

So, 2017 is now a memory.  I can’t wait for 2018 to create new memories!

-Joe Ray

See our "Goodbye" video:  https://vimeo.com/230216394

No comments:

Post a Comment